Watches Waterproof: False Name
Watches'waterproofing performance is usually classified according to their grades: non-waterproofing (no mark on the back cover of the watch), sweat proofing (SWEAT-RESISTANT), general waterproofing (WATER-RESISTANT), 30-meter waterproofing (30M, 3ATM, 3BAR), 50-meter waterproofing (50M, 5ATM, 5BAR), diving table 100-meter waterproofing, 200-meter waterproofing, 300-meter waterproofing, etc. But the premise of this standard is that the test is carried out under laboratory conditions: the temperature remains between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius, and the watches and water are in a static state. Remember, in our daily life, the water-proof standard of 30 meters, only waterproof splash, can wear hand washing, face washing; 50 meters, can be washed with a small amount of cold water, can not be immersed; 100 meters, can be used in the swimming pool or sea water surface; more than 200 meters, can be diving.
In addition, any waterproof meter should not be worn in hot water bath, sauna or in the environment with great temperature changes. Because of the influence of temperature, the water-proof rubber ring will expand and shrink to form voids and accelerate ageing, which will cause water condensate in the water intake and meter, and cause serious damage to the machine parts.
2. Watch Adjustment: Timing Rule
Watches with the simplest functions of time, minutes and seconds can be adjusted at any time, but watches with calendar, calendar, week, moon phase, calendar and more complex functions should not be adjusted between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. the next day. This time period calendar function is in operation. At the same time, when gear teeth engagement is low, frequent actions will damage the internal parts of the wrist watch, which is referred to as "sweeping teeth" in professional terms, and will cause irreversible damage to the wrist watch.
3. Watch straps: adapting to time
In summer, wear belt wristwatch as little as possible, because after sweating, the belt will adhere to the wrist, making the wearer uncomfortable, and the sweat stain on the belt is extremely difficult to clean. Long-term wear will not only produce odor, but also make the watch band deformation, hardening and even fracture. Steel straps are easy to slip if they are sweaty. If your watch is waterproof beyond 50 meters, you can wash the sweat by washing the strap under the tap. For rubber belt, not afraid of water but afraid of oil, the material will gradually harden, fracture, and is an irreversible process.
4. Watch top chord: do it personally
Most automatic top-string wristwatches can be wound manually, especially when they are first worn or re-worn after stopping, they should be wound manually first instead of relying on automatic top to fill the strings. Manual upper-chord wristwatch means full clocks when it feels no strings, but automatic upper-chord wristwatch is basically insensible, so the number of upper-chord of automatic wristwatch should be more or less recommended, and the basic guarantee can be full about 40 times. But don't wind it manually often. It's harmful to the waterproof washer of the handle and will affect the waterproof function of the watch.
Watch Error: Magnetic Attraction
For wrist watches without anti-magnetic function, the non-subjective cause of errors is from the magnetic field which exists in a large number of modern life. Watches should be placed away from high magnetic fields such as high-voltage wires, audio and large electrical appliances, and not on radios and TV sets to avoid magnetization. Once magnetized, the wrist watch will produce errors, then demagnetization is the only solution. Take it to the customer service center or watch repair master, without opening the cover, and directly use the degaussing machine to degaussing, 2 seconds can make the wristwatch travel time back to normal. If it is inconvenient to keep away from the clockshop, you can find a piece of iron with a circle shape and no magnetism in the middle, stand on the table, wear the watch slowly from the iron circle, and the magnetism on the watch will be absorbed by the iron block; you can also put the watch on a clean iron plate without magnetism, so that the magnetism of the watch will gradually disappear after two days.
6. Watch placement: nowhere to hide
Wardrobe is by no means a good place for wrist watch. Camphor balls in it can deteriorate the watchoil and lead to inaccurate travel time. The computer desk and TV cabinet will make the accessory electronic devices magnetize the wristwatch, which is not a good place. The bedside cabinet can be used for ordinary wrist watches, but if it is a night-light meter, it will bring adverse effects to the body, because the pointer of night-light meter and the luminescent material coated on the dial are mainly a mixture of radium and zinc sulfide, and the radiation emitted by radium will do harm to the human body. Ultimately, you have to equip a daily watch holder, preferably the one that strings the automatic wrist watch, put it in a place far from the bed where there are no electrical or chemical products around it.
7. Accidents: First Aid Tips
1. Keep in mind that nothing but hair can be maintained by a hair dryer. When the wrist watch is damp, it can be pressed on the watch with dry cotton and baked with a 40-watt light bulb for 5 minutes. The moisture in the watch can be evaporated completely. Do not bake the watch directly near the fire, so as not to cause the watch to be warmed and deformed. But if there is water stain on the inside of the mirror or the dial, it must be dealt with by professional organizations.
2. Don't be frustrated when scratches occur. You can first drop a drop or two of water on the dial and then squeeze a bit of toothpaste to rub it on. You can remove the scratches and make the dial as new. Remember to choose toothpaste without particles to avoid secondary scratches.
3. When the watchband smells bad, use toothbrush to dip in a little soapy water, quickly brush dirty areas, and then wipe with a slightly wet cloth. To avoid soapy water penetrating the cortex, the whole process should be completed in 20 seconds. In addition, some leather oil can also be applied on the watchband. Leather oil has protective effect on the watchband, which can make the maintenance work more complete.