Like many metal products, except for the need to use the primary color, plating process will basically not increase the appearance of the product attributes, watch factory is no exception, often use plating process, the following is the introduction of the plating process used by watch factory:
Electroplating is the process of plating a thin layer of other metals or alloys on some metal surfaces by electrolysis principle. It is a process of using electrolysis to attach a metal film to the surface of metals or other materials so as to prevent corrosion, improve wear resistance, conductivity, reflectivity and beauty.
Six harmful substances of RoHS standard in electroplating: lead and lead, cadmium Cd, mercury Hg, hexavalent chromium Cr6+, polybrominated diphenyl ether PBDE, polybrominated biphenyl PBB, content can not exceed 100 PPM, the content of lead in American market can not exceed 70 PPM.
RoHS is the abbreviation of the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
Four RoHS tests:
1. RoHS Individual Detection of Cadmium (Cd)
2. RoHS Individual Detection of Lead (Pb)
3. RoHS Individual Detection of Mercury (Hg)
4. Single RoHS Detection of Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
Six ROHS tests:
1. RoHS Detection of PBB Polybrominated Biphenyls
2. RoHS Detection of PPBDE Polybrominated Diphenyl Ether
3. RoHS Detection of PAHs Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (16PAK)
4. RoHS Detection of Phthalate Esters
5. RoHS Detection REACH-SVHC Test
Electroplating is mainly water-dividing plating and vacuum plating.
First of all, water plating, water plating can be plated white steel, gold, rose gold, gun color, coffee and so on.
The process of water-plated white steel is as follows:
1. Nickel-free Sn-Cu: Cu + Ni (not added to EU market) + CuSn (Sn-Cu)
2. PNP: Cudi + Pd + Ni (EU market can not add nickel)
3. PCP: Cubase + Pd + Co (Co)
4. PDP: Cubase + Pd (pure palladium, more than 80%)
5. White Chromium: Cubase + Cr3+ (3 valent chromium)
Note: Foreign friends like to say silver color. We should report chrome color to our guests.
The gold plating process is as follows:
1. Imitating Gold: Copper Bottom + Ni Bottom + Imitating Gold Material
2. Auric acid: copper base + Ni base + potassium gold cyanide (highly toxic)
Rose Gold: Copper Base + Rose Gold Material + Protective Water
Nickel gun colour: copper base + nickel base + nickel cobalt + protective water (or rack)
Nickel-free gun colour: copper base + tin-cobalt + protective water (or rack). Note: tin-cobalt gun colour is lighter than nickel-cobalt gun colour.
Coffee: Cubase + Rack + Material (I'm not sure what kind of material)
Key points of vacuum plating technology:
White IPS:1) alloy case/copper case+Cu bottom+Ni bottom+CuSn (white copper and tin) enters vacuum plating, this method adds
Nickel base cannot enter EU market.
2) Alloy case/copper case+copper bottom+Pd enters vacuum plating.
3) The steel shell is directly deposited in vacuum without coating.
Gold IPG:1) alloy case/copper case+TiN(titanium nitride)+acid gold enters vacuum plating.
2) The steel shell is directly deposited in vacuum without coating.
In addition to the above two, there are IP gun color, IP black, IP rose gold, IP coffee color.